Garden Bridge

Garden Bridge
No matter where you are there's always a bridge to Home

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

                                                                             

Well, it's been a while since my last blog, but nothing to earth shattering has happened around here lately.
About the picture though, thats the supper that yours truly made last night for Mom and I and for Grandma and Grandpa Wilde. Mom took it over to their house, it's the part that's missing in the pan. Anyways it's Emily's Southwestern Chicken Skillet that she had on her blog a while ago. It was very tasty, and is highly recommended. Unfortunately we didn't have any sour cream, and Mom and I both agreed that sour cream probably would have made it even better. Make sure you follow Em's advice and add the whole jar of salsa though. It might have been to dry with only a cup as called for in the recipe. Now for the cake, it's lemon cake with lemon butter cream icing. It was Steve's birthday, and I had a little time on my hands yesterday afternoon, so I decided Grandma and Grandpa Wilde would enjoy some dessert too, so I ventured into the cake making realm too. Not to say that Mom and I don't appreciate a good dessert once in a while. The cake tastes great also, especially with ice cream. We've got lots of the cake left, so if you're in the area drop in and have a treat. The Chicken dish however is pretty well all gone.
I don't have a clue as to what is going on with the blog today, so I'll just have to live with it centering all the printing. Of course one never knows what the final product will look like until you hit the Publish Post button.
It was -28 again this morning, I really don't know what's going on with the weather. We got probably more than 20 centimeters of snow again over the weekend and yesterday, winter just keeps on giving and giving. A lot of people we know from around here are heading south these days for a week or so in the sun. We had a week in Kalispel, where it was at least a little warmer. Would be nice to go a little further south one year I guess. But then we'd miss all this great weather.
We're luckier than some though. The Quapps who live kitty corner to Lorenzo and Barbara Davies had their house burn down last night. Fortunately they weren't home, so no one was hurt. It was still burning this morning,  and almost totally gone. They added on a year or so ago, and that part is the only part still standing, although I imagine it's a right off too. Hope they had good house insurance. Thats really tragic though, especially during this cold weather.


2 comments:

  1. Nice work on dinner Dad. I'm impressed! I'm glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very impressed that you are venturing into cooking AND baking dad! You must be really bored. We will try out your tasty crearions this weekend. I tried to tell mom we were coming but she hung up after she talked to Mya today. Scott wants to snowmobile on all that snow you've been getting

    ReplyDelete